Participate in an internship Britain and increase your competitiveness in today’s global job market! Gain professional experience while you expand your horizons through on-the-job training in a British company
As a leading city for international digital, creative and financial businesses, London is the perfect destination to grow your resume and jump-start your career. The combination of a professional internship and immersion into a city so steeped in a wealth of history, culture and diversity, makes London an ideal location to develop skills, gain connections, increase independence, gain new perspectives and ultimately, increase your employability.
Let us provide you the Ultimate UK experience by finding the perfect internship for students or recent graduates. Our pre-vetted UK employers are ready to host an intern and provide with a unique and valuable experience. We have a wide range of placements available to participants which include architecture, engineering, fashion, film and music production, graphic design, publishing, marketing and many more! SSAYEI’s experienced team will provide guidance and support from the moment your application is booked, to a welcome orientation to prepare you on your first day.
Are you Eligible for Internship Britain?
You are eligible for the Internship Britain program if:
- A full-time student at a university (post-secondary school). OR graduated from an international university (post-secondary school) within the past 12 months
- Your requested work placement is related to your studies/diploma
- You have verifiable English language skills and have a good understanding of English terminology related to your field or be willing to obtain an IELTS certificate with a score of 6.0 or above.
- Flexible, professional, communicative and able to take initiative
- You have sufficient finances to support yourself during your entire stay in London. (including housing and living costs)
- You are NOT looking for a hospitality or healthcare internship.
- Able to commit to the full duration of your program placement (up to 6 months)
- You have a valid passport with at least 6 months remaining past your program end date
What is included in our Internship Britain Program:
- Professional resume revision to ensure that you are positioning yourself as a great candidate to the employer
- A pre-arranged, tailor-made, professional internship, aligned to your capabilities and objectives
- A dedicated Placement Manager who will support you throughout the duration of your trip
- A dedicated supervisor within your host organization
- Welcome orientation in London to ease you into your new country
- Exclusive, monthly social events to meet other interns and explore
- 24/7 support from the local SSAYEI team in London
- A visit from the SSAYEI internship team during the internship to check how everything is going
- Assistance with sourcing accommodation, insurance and flights
- Will my Internship be Paid?
- What does the Program Fee includes?
- Can I complete an internship program longer than 6 months?
- What is the difference between Intern in Britain and Intern in Britain Ultimate?
- How many hours will I be interning each week?
- If I dont like my Internship, Can I complete my internship in another company?
- How long will it take SSAYEI to find my Internship?
Participants should expect their internship to be unpaid. By completing an internship in Great Britain, you will be introduced to a whole new world of professional experiences, giving you the opportunity to learn what it’s like to manage your time within a professional environment, improve your communication and networking skills and explore your different career options.
Work-based learning is regarded as an educational opportunity, and more often than not visa specifications require that international internships be unpaid.
Nevertheless, in rare cases, interns can and do receive remuneration.
Our placement team will not make this a priority when searching for your internship and we therefore recommend that you assume your internship will be unpaid.
The program fee includes a resume consultation, tailor-made internship placement, monthly socials to meet other interns, 24/7 emergency in-country support and much more! The Certificate of Sponsorship and visa are additional costs that need to be considered.
No, you cannot request a visa extension for the internship visa. You will need to return to the Philippines and complete the process a second time if you wish to take part in a second internship.
SSAYEI have two types of Intern in Britain programs – Intern in Britain, whereby SSAYEI provide visa and sponsorship for your pre-arranged internship and Intern in Britain Ultimate, whereby SSAYEI organize your placement as well as provide your visa sponsorship.
Interns will be expected to work between 25-35 hours per week, depending on your individual placement and your host company.
No, your visa is only valid for the specified internship on your Certificate of Sponsorship. If there is a problem at your internship, you should contact SSAYEI for assistance.
We advise applying with us at least 16 weeks before you want to be in the UK. Your internship start date will be determined throughout the interview process.