SUMMER WORK TRAVEL
The J-1 Summer Work Travel USA cultural exchange program is a unique opportunity for international university students to experience life in the United States first-hand through summer work experience with American host companies.
- Live, Work & Travel in the United States for 3 to 5 months
- Exciting jobs in Hotels, Resorts, amusement parks, national parks, major cities, ski resorts & more
- Meet people from around the world, & make long lasting friendships
- Travel across the United States, even stopover at other countries on your way home
- Discover and experience the American culture & living
- Boost your CV with international work experience
- Receive attractive salary and benefits same as an American counterpart
- Support your living & traveling expenses, and cover your initial costs
- Seek additional part-time employment for extra income
- A fast & fun way to perfect your workplace English skills
- Coverage by a Comprehensive Medical & Accident Insurance Policy
The J-1 Work & Travel USA program lasts for a maximum work period of 4 months, with an extra 30 days to travel within the United States after your work commitment.
The program dates are based on the dates of your university/college semester break, discussed between yourself and the employer prior to starting your program. Most participants work for 3 to 3.5 months as they need to return home when classes begin.
Am I eligible?
To participate in the Summer Work Travel USA program, you must:
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Have sufficiently proficient English to successfully interact in an English speaking environment.
- Be post-secondary school students enrolled in and actively pursuing a degree or other full-time course of study at an accredited post-secondary educational institution outside the U.S.
- Have successfully completed at least one semester or equivalent of post-secondary academic study